If you want a great chili recipe try this Famous Chili Con Carne recipe!
It’s serious comfort food.
|Famous Chili Con Carne|
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounce) kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, quartered, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound ground round
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 can mild green Chile peppers
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno Chile pepper, optional
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- dash cayenne pepper, or to taste
- dash ground cloves
- 1 small bay leaf
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- In a large pot brown the ground beef in the oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and pepper and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, peppers, chili powder, salt, cayenne, cloves and bay leaf. Cover and simmer for 1 ½ hours, adding a little water if needed to keep from sticking and burning on the bottom. Check and stir frequently.
- Add the beans and corn, heat through for 10 minutes. Add in the cilantro and serve.